This event has passed
MFL- Led by Sue Cave
14 October 2020 @ 09:30 - 15:30
Sue Cave is an independent primary languages consultant for Cave Languages with more than 20 years- experience of teaching languages in primary schools. She was the former Primary MFL adviser for Wokingham LA. She now delivers CPD language training for her own company and designed the Cave Languages KS2 French Scheme of Work. Sue coordinates the local ALL primary language support group and is the author of primary language resource books and co-author of ‘Physical French Phonics’. www.cavelanguages.co.uk
This one day course is suitable for anyone involved in leading the teaching of a foreign language in Key Stage 2.
- Become familiar with the Key Stage 2 Programme of Study Language objectives
- Be more confident about selecting a scheme of work to meet these objectives
- Analyse what language progression looks like over four years
- Return to the classroom with engaging, interactive and challenging activities to develop speaking, listening, reading and writing skills (examples in French but adaptable for most languages)
- Consider strategies for using songs, stories and rhymes as well as for embedding phonics and grammar
- Discover a tried and tested method of teacher assessment to use in the classroom alongside the teaching activities
- Self-assess the teaching of foreign languages in your school and identify the next steps to clarify your intentions, implementation and impact
Book This Event
Advanced booking is required to attend this event.