These sessions are led by Dr Emma Kell author of 'How to Survive in Teaching'. Emma has also recently appeared on BBC Woman's Hour and BBC Radio 5.
During this vital training we will look at:-
· How to establish strong communications with parents from the beginning.
· The importance of modelling positive parent involvement
· Dealing with preconceptions – on all sides
· How to create opportunities for parents to connect with the school in the best way.
· Encourage teachers to see the parent, as part of the ‘Team’ working for the benefit of their child
· How to outline mutual expectations.
· How to get parents to deal with dissatisfaction directly for positive resolutions.
· Develop a strong parent association
· Look at practical ways to engage parents
This is a two part course, the second date is 12th February 2019, 9.15am-12.15pm.