Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs) are experienced and outstanding middle and senior leaders, recruited by Teaching Schools on the basis of their knowledge of what outstanding leadership practice looks like in their area of expertise, and are skilled in helping other leaders achieve it in their own context.
Specialist Leaders of Education focus on developing leadership capacity. This may be done through one-to-one or group support and could involve a variety of activities, such as:
- Data analysis
- Facilitating and training
- Joint action planning
We have a dedicated team of experts that are available to provide bespoke support packages to individuals, schools or departments based on the priorities for your school. We can work with you to identify appropriate strategies or interventions for your school, or we can share our expertise of having dealt with a similar situation in a different context.
We also offer the following school-to-school support packages:
- National Leaders of Education/ Consultant Headteacher Support - Typically, NLEs and Consultant Heads will work with the headteacher or principal and SLEs will work with middle and/or senior leaders to undertake the following:
- Carry out diagnostic visits.
- Develop action plans, identifying key priorities and SMART targets.
- Provide one-to-one or group support.
- Offer coaching and mentoring support.
- Provide access to resources and training.
The ultimate aim of NLEs and SLEs will always be to contribute significantly to improving the outcomes for children through developing the capacity of peer leaders in other schools.
To register your interest or discuss any of our school-to-school support provisions please contact us directly.
If you would like to work with one of our SLEs, please complete this online form and our SLE Co-ordinator will be in contact.